Riot Games have announced their 2021 plans for Valorant in Southeast Asia. The company is partnering with seven different companies in an attempt to organise an official competitive structure across SEA, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.
This includes professional esports as well as collegiate partners. The standard esports partners will organise exclusive tournaments and become the backbone of the Valorant esports scene in SEA. The collegiate partners are working with colleges and universities in the region to develop lower level tournaments for students looking to break into the esport.
The partners are spread across Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Indonesia, and the Philippines. They are as follows,
- The Gaming Company: Organising all professional esports for Singapore and Malaysia as well as Malaysia’s collegiate tournaments
- Professional Gamers League & Eliphant: Organising all collegiate esports in Singapore
- ESL: Organising all professional and collegiate level tournaments in Thailand
- ONE Up: Organising all professional and collegiate level tournaments in Indonesia
- Mineski & AcadArena: Organising all professional and collegiate level tournaments in the Philippines
- Talon: Will host all professional and collegiate tournaments in Hong Kong along with organizing all professional tournaments in Taiwan.
- Taiwan Mobile & TSL: Will host all collegiate tournaments in Taiwan.